North Central West Virginia Regional Airport (CKB)
- Skywest dba United Express to Washington, D.C. Dulles International Airport (IAD): one flight daily, Sunday through Friday.
- Skywest dba United Express to Chicago O’Hare International Airport (ORD): one flight daily 7 days a week
- Allegiant Air nonstop to Orlando / Daytona Beach, Florida: twice a week October through mid-August
- Allegiant Air nonstop to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina: twice a week June through September
Morgantown Municipal Airport (MGW)
- Southern Airways Express to Pittsburgh International Airport: four flights weekdays, two on Saturday and Sunday
- Southern Airways Express to Baltimore Washington International: two flights daily
➼ If you’re going out of the country, the Monongalia County Health Department offers travel exams and counseling as well as prescriptions and immunizations for international travel. At the MCHD travel clinic, you can:
- find out what vaccines you’ll need. These can vary over time—for instance, Brazil recently experienced an outbreak of yellow fever
- get advice on traveling with your prescribed medications and the documentation you will need to get them through customs
- make sure your current medications will not interact adversely with anything you may need to travel safely
- get medication for traveler’s diarrhea
- get tips for dealing with long plane rides
- get the answers to questions you might not anticipate, like whether you should apply your sunscreen or your mosquito repellent first
Make your appointment with the travel clinic at least 4 weeks before your departure date.
Plan to take to your appointment a copy of your immunization record and the International Certificate of Vaccination if you have one, as well as a list of your allergies and any medications you are taking. Be prepared to explain your itinerary: what countries you plan to visit, what time of year you will visit them, what activities you have planned, and your accommodations.
453 Van Voorhis Road, 304.598.5119